How to Backup Outlook Mac to Windows? Follow Expert Guidance
Summary: Do you want to backup Outlook Mac to Windows but are not sure how to do so? Then, continue reading this article where we explain the step-by-step procedure in detail.
There are several reasons why users may want to move or backup their Mac data on a Windows machine. It can be because you want to maintain data on two separate devices or shift to Windows PC altogether. Backing up the bits of information is the best possible idea to prevent any data loss.
When you have the crucial data saved on another system, it becomes easier to recover it in situations of any disaster. Mac Outlook supports an OLM file whereas Windows Outlook is compatible with PST. These two formats are capable of storing all data items safely. Backing up the Outlook for Mac data in Windows is possible in two ways. Let us briefly understand the working of both.
Automatically Backup Outlook Mac to Windows
The automated solution is the direct method to work around this task. The SysTools Mac OLM Converter is the ultimate professional utility opted by business owners to convert the file type and backup. It offers various benefits as listed below:
Free Download Purchase Now
- Backups emails, contacts, calendars, and other data items
- Can change the .olm file to multiple other file formats
- Capable of moving selective files from Mac to Windows
- The tool supports Mac Outlook 2011, 2016, 2019 files
- Retains on-disk hierarchy same as the source files
- Option to apply date filter to backup desired data
- Bulk processes multiple files and saves them in Windows
Working on the tool
- Install the tool on your system and click on the Add File or Folder option.
- Browse and load the Mac Outlook files in the tool.
- Now, select the export type. Choose .pst for Windows Outlook.
- Apply advanced settings, search a destination location on your system and click on the Export button.
At last, send these files to the Windows system using any external hard drive and use its inbuilt Import/Export feature to add the files in.
Note: If you have Mac Outlook files present on the Windows system, then use the following tool:
Free Download Purchase Now
Manually Backing Up Outlook Mac to Windows
The manual method is very lengthy and requires technical knowledge. Let’s briefly understand how you can execute this method:
- First of all, you must create a .olm file from Outlook for Mac.
- Now, set up an IMAP account and configure it with Mac Outlook. You can use Gmail for this purpose.
- Move the data from Outlook for Mac to this IMAP account.
- Then, configure this IMAP setting enabled with Windows Outlook and move data into it.
In this article, we learned how to backup Outlook Mac to Windows. We have discussed a manual as well as an automatic solution. If you are someone who is looking for a direct and professional method without much hassle, then you must opt for the software that we mentioned above. This tool guarantees accurate results while maintaining data integrity.