How to Convert Microsoft Outlook Contacts to vCard? – Find Out
Summary: The process to convert Microsoft Outlook contacts to vCard is a little tricky that often confuses the users. In this article, we shall discuss the best possible ways that you can try for yourself and achieve great results.
Microsoft Outlook is a remarkable utility that is capable of storing various kinds of data including contacts. Its primary usage is to send and receive emails across its connection but is also used as a contact book storage platform. The need to convert the contacts to vCard arises when you are required to share a professional business card with your peers. vCard is used virtually and is often used as an attachment in emails.
The vCard files are accepted by tons of email clients and other platforms, making it a versatile file to migrate data. It has designated fields to store names, email IDs, phone numbers, contact photos, company name, address, etc.
In the upcoming sections of this article, we are going to explain how you can easily export contacts from Outlook to the said format.
How to Convert Microsoft Outlook Contacts to vCard?
The SysTools vCard Export is used professionally to convert the contacts. There are situations when Outlook crashes, or if a user has orphan data files called the PST files. Now, these are only accepted by Microsoft Outlook and you cannot import them to other platforms. Therefore, it becomes a necessity to use an external trustworthy software. Below given is the list of some great features provided by this utility.
- Bulk convert Outlook contacts to vCard format.
- Supports orphan, corrupted, password-protected files.
- Can export the contacts into multiple file formats.
- Capable of producing all vCard versions: 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
- Export all details and attributes of the contacts.
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Selectively export the contacts as per your need.
Guide to Convert Microsoft Outlook Contacts to vCard
- Install the software on your system and launch it. Choose to Add Files into it.
Free Download Purchase Now
2. You can automatically enable the software to pick the files from their location.
3. Now, it will provide you a preview of all of the contacts.
4. In the next screen, choose vCard as your export option and choose to apply settings.
5. You have to select the vCard version and you can decide if you want to create a single file for all contacts.
6. Then, browse a location to save the file and hit the Export button.
Manually Export Outlook Contact List to vCard
It is possible to convert Microsoft Outlook contacts to vCard but it is a very lengthy process. It is divided into three phases and you must follow them perfectly as given below.
Phase 1: Export Contacts from Microsoft Outlook:
- Run Outlook, select File > Open & Export
- Tap on Import/Export > Export to a File > Next
- Choose CSV format and select Next
- Select the contacts folder > Next
- Browse a location to save this CSV
- Map the custom fields and Finish
Phase 2: Convert to .contact File
- Go to Contacts folder (C:\Users\Admin\Contacts)
- From the top menu, tap on Import > choose CSV > Import
- Browse CSV, map the fields and click on Finish.
Phase 3: Transform to vCard
- From the top menu, click on Export, choose vCard > Export
- Browse a destination to save the file > Done
Related: Outlook is Showing Working Offline Error
In this article, we have explained how you can convert Microsoft Outlook contacts to vCard in detail. You can opt for any of the methods listed here. Professionals prefer using the first method because of the ease of performing the task and its versatility. It provides you a great environment to execute the task without affecting the integrity of your source files.