How to Download Outlook Contacts to CSV File? – Learn
Summary: Do you want to know how to download Outlook contacts to CSV file and access them on another device? You must read this article further as we answer all of those questions for you.
Downloading the list of contacts from Outlook is a great practice because this ensures your data is secure and you have access to it in case of Outlook crashes. You can always refer to this CSV copy of your contacts in any mishappenings with Outlook. A CSV file is the comma separated values format where the data is stored in rows and columns. It is easy to read and understand the data mentioned in them since it is well organized.
You can download Outlook contacts to CSV file using its inbuilt Import/Export wizard. Users often face scenarios where their source files get corrupted and they are unable to access their data. To deal will all such scenarios, we are going to provide an all-rounder solution in the next sections.
How to Download Outlook Contacts to CSV File?
User Query: “Hi! I have a list of Outlook format contacts sent to me by my colleague. I do not work with MS Outlook and hence I find it difficult to access the data of the files. Is it mandatory to download, configure, and create an Outlook account or is it possible to convert it into CSV so that I can use it with other platforms?”
You can easily download the contacts using the inbuilt feature (as explained in the next section). However, if you have a corrupt, orphan, password-protected Outlook contacts file, the manual method will not work for you. Also, you will have to have Outlook properly configured on your system for the manual trick to work. Therefore, to ease the process for you, we have researched and came to the conclusion that SysTools vCard Converter software is the ultimate utility to work with. It provides many significant features as mentioned below:
Free Download Purchase Now
- Bulk download Outlook contacts to CSV file in a single attempt.
- Automatically fetch the files from their default location.
- Supports password-protected, orphan, damaged source files.
- Preserves the folder hierarchy and structure of the contacts.
- Download all attributes and fields of the Outlook contacts.
- Compatible with Outlook versions 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
Manually Download Outlook Contacts to CSV File
- Launch Outlook on your system and click on File.
- Choose Open & Export and then Import/Export.
- Click on Export to a file and then select Next.
- Tap on Comma Separated Values and then select Next.
- Select the Contacts folder and click on Next.
- Browse the file location and map custom fields.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- You have to match the custom fields manually.
- The process is long, tedious, and time-consuming.
- Needs properly configured Outlook on your system.
Related: Import Contacts from Webmail to Outlook 2016
You can now easily download Outlook contacts to CSV file on your device. You must follow the steps mentioned in the above passage properly to achieve the results you are looking for. The SysTools vCard Converter is the best software that guarantees a safe and secure environment to execute the task. It maintains the data integrity and keeps the data risk-free.