How to Export Outlook 2016 Address Book to Excel? – Best Way
Summary: Read this article to find out how to export Outlook 2016 address book to Excel. We shall discuss the automatic process and the Import-Export inbuilt feature provided by MS Outlook.
When you use MS Outlook as your email client, we unconsciously start to use it as our primary contacts saving platform as well. In such scenarios, we often find ourselves in the need to export its address book to various formats depending upon the destination application that needs to be given access to the data.
Spreadsheets are the most common destination for reading and using contacts. Therefore, we shall explain how to export Outlook 2016 address book to Excel. There are two possible ways to migrate the data and that is by using the inbuilt Import/Export wizard from Outlook and another is using automated software.
“Hello! My colleague sent me an Outlook address book but unfortunately, I do not use this email client. I cannot access its data file and it is creating some problems for me. Is there any smart way to export the list?”
How to Export Outlook 2016 Address Book to Excel?
We shall first discuss the direct method to export the address book. The SysTools vCard Export is the best utility available that does not require you to have Outlook installed on your system. You can export data files from Outlook of any version. Here are some of its significant features listed to help you.
- Export corrupt, orphan, password-protected Outlook files.
- Bulk export Outlook 2016 address book to Excel.
- Export the files to various file formats.
- Migrate all attributes and fields of the address book.
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Automatically maps the custom fields of the address book.
- The option to selectively export the files is available.
Guide to Export Outlook 2016 Address Book to Excel
- You have to first download the software and install it. Then click on the Add File button to load the address book on the software.
Free Download Purchase Now
2. This tool can automatically fetch the files from their location and scan them before adding them.
3. Now, you can preview all attributes and details of the address book that you added.
4. On the next screen, click on the destination format. Click on CSV for accessing Excel.
5. At last, you must provide a location to save the resultant file and hit the Export button.
You have successfully exported the file that you can use with Excel. You can easily launch MS Excel or any other spreadsheet and import this CSV file into it.
Manually Export Outlook 2016 Address Book to Excel
This method works when you have Outlook installed and properly configured on your system. There are some drawbacks of this way such as:
- The need to manually map the custom fields
- It allows exporting many fields to CSV but not all of them.
- Needs you to have some technical knowledge.
Follow the below-given steps to know how you can perform this method:
- Launch Outlook and click on File > Open & Export.
- Select Import/Export and click on the “Export to a file” option.
- Now, select Comma Separated Values and choose Next.
- Choose the contacts folder from this list.
- Browse a location to export the address book.
- Match the custom fields manually and click on Finish.
Related: Import OLM Contacts to Outlook
This article has successfully answered the eternal question of how to export Outlook 2016 address book to Excel. We have discussed both manual and automatic methods in the above blog. You can opt for any of the ways depending upon the facilities that you have with you. However, the best approach would be to go for the former solution since it provides error-free professional solutions to help you out. It is 100% reliable and maintains the safety of your source files.