Export Contacts from Outlook 2010 to Thunderbird – Stepwise Guide
Summary: To export contacts from Outlook 2010 to Thunderbird, follow the below-given article. We shall discuss manual as well as automatic ways to perform the task.
Outlook 2010 is a widely used email client for businesses. It is part of the Microsoft Office 2010 suite. But their users are aiming to move from Outlook to the Thunderbird platform. There are many reasons behind this transfer from Outlook to Thunderbird, which we will go through here. As we know contacts are really important to maintain business and clients. In this blog, we are going to discuss how to export contacts from Outlook 2010 to Thunderbird clients. Walkthrough this blog to understand the matter.
Mozilla Thunderbird is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Furthermore, because Outlook is a subscription service and Thunderbird offers more sophisticated features for free, user shifting is extremely common. Additionally, Mozilla Thunderbird provides the ability to interact with people on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and others.
Why Export Contacts from Outlook 2010 to Thunderbird?
Assume you were using MS Outlook on your previous PC and now wish to utilize Mozilla Thunderbird on your new laptop. And you certainly do not want to lose your key client contacts to maintain your business. In such a scenario, you must migrate contacts from Outlook 2010 to Thunderbird. Moreover, Microsoft Outlook is a commercial email client, whereas Mozilla Thunderbird is a free open-source email service. Many people wish to save money for a variety of reasons.
So, many people are looking for a solution to export Outlook contact book to Thunderbird on a daily basis.
How to Import Outlook 2010 Contacts to Thunderbird?
In this part, we will discuss various methods for making this movement possible.
The only method to access those .pst contacts in Mozilla Thunderbird is to export them to a vCard file. A VCF (vCard) file is a type of virtual business card that can be shared across many applications. However, manually converting the Outlook contact file to a VCF file is not practical. So, you must first install a professional converter application.
Steps to Import Outlook 2010 Contacts to Thunderbird
1. Download and install SysTools vCard Export software.
Free Download Purchase Now
2. Add Files and Folders into the program. It has the ability to auto-detect the location of the files and insert them on the software panel.
3. Then the program will check the Outlook contact file for corruption.
4. Now you can preview all contact data and its attributes after the files have been successfully added. Choose which contact files and folders to export.
5. Finally, choose the vCard format, enter the destination location, and click the Export button.
You have successfully converted your Outlook PST contacts in vCard format. The following step is to add them to Thunderbird’s address book.
6. Open Thunderbird and navigate to the Address Book tab.
7. From the menu bar, select Tools>> Import button.
8. Choose Address Book and then Next.
9. Next, choose “vCard file (.vcf)”>> Next.
10. Select and import the VCF files from your system.
Amazing Features of the Tool:
- Supports corrupted, orphaned, password-protected PST files.
- Users can export deleted contacts as well.
- More than eight file formats to export in vCard file.
- The resultant file is compatible with multiple platforms and devices.
- No Outlook installation is needed on the user’s system.
Though you can complete this task manually too. But there are few challenges that users face while doing it. You must have installed and configured an Outlook account on your system. Additionally, this method cannot be used on orphaned or corrupt PST files. So, this method fails in both of these cases. To export contacts from Outlook 2010 to Thunderbird follow the steps outlined below.
- Launch Configures Outlook application. Click on the File option
- Select Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Now, choose Export to a File and hit the Next button to proceed
- Then choose Comma Separated Value>> Next tab.
- Select the contacts folder and provide the location to save the resultant files.
- If prompted to the next window, map the custom fields for contacts.
You have created the CSV file for the Outlook contacts. Follow 6-10 steps of the above method to import it to Thunderbird.
Related: Export iCloud Contacts to Outlook 2016
We explained two widely used methods to export contacts from Outlook 2010 to Thunderbird. You can get perfect resultant files by using both of them. But the manual method has some restrictions that we mentioned earlier. The professional solution that we discussed is a reliable program with advanced features. It guarantees the data loss conversion maintaining all attributes of contact files. Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and previous versions are all compatible with this utility.