How To Disable Outlook Add-Ins? Steps to Fix Outlook Issues Internally
Are add-ins creating trouble while working in Microsoft Outlook application?
If your answer is ‘Yes’, then rejoice users.
Here we are going to tell you how to disable Outlook add-ins in every latest Microsoft Outlook application versions like Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. Because turning off additional or useless plug-ins are the best way to enhance the performance of Microsoft Outlook in terms of memory and speed.
Before checking out the method, first, let’s have a look on Outlook Add-ins.
What Do You Mean By Microsoft Outlook Add-ins?
Microsoft put some add-ins or extensions in MS Outlook application that provided some additional functionality right from the inbox. Basically, Outlook add-ins (plug-ins or extensions) are the program that installs and brings the new set of ‘extended’ functionality for great user experience. Even, some plug-ins are not enabled by default in the Outlook. Moreover, many add-ins are intentionally added to the Outlook program.
Although, there are some third-party extensions that create the problem in the application while working on it. Disabling them are the only way to prevent Outlook from any technical issue.
How to Disable Outlook Add-Ins Via. Outlook Interface?
In the following section, the steps to turn off plug-ins are illustrated in a descriptive manner. According to the Outlook versions like Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, use the appropriate instructions.
For Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013
- Open Outlook application on the Windows platform.
- Click on File tab from the ribbon.
- After that, select Options from the menu. Then, select Add-ins from the left side navigation pane.
- Click on Manage drop-down button and select COM Add-ins. Afterward, click on Go.
- From COM Add-Ins wizard, select the plugins that you want to make disable.
For MS Outlook 2010
- Launch Outlook 2010 email client.
- Click on File >> Options to open Outlook Options dialog box.
- Now, choose Add-ins from the left sidebar.
- After that, select a plug-in and click on Go.
- A COM Add-ins box pops-up, choose the add-ins that you want to eliminate and click on Remove.
For Outlook 2007
- Start Microsoft Outlook 2007 on the system.
- Click on Tools and select Trust Center from the drop-down menu.
- As soon as you clicked on Trust Center, a new window appear on the Outlook interface.
- Click on Add-ins to get the information about extensions. There are two types of add-ons shown here.
Active Application Add-ins
It shows the list of plugins which are currently used by the machine.
Inactive Application Add-ins
This is the list of extensions that available in the Outlook but not enabled.
- Click on Manage button and select COM Add-ins.
- Hit Go button to make further changes in extensions.
When a user installed MS Outlook on the PC, several add-ins automatically added in it. However, every plug-in is not necessary and useful. And, probably causes some functionality issues. There are cases when PST file in Outlook causes issues due to Add-ons. So to repair Outlook file issues disabling add-ins help you up to an extent. Therefore, in this post, we have discussed how to disable Outlook add-ins without any problem in Outlook application.