How Can I Encrypt Outlook PST File with Password Protection?
“Need help! I am searching a way to block all users aside from myself from viewing my emails in Outlook application. Because I am only involved with people on my network getting into my Outlook. So, is there any technique to encrypt Outlook PST file with a password so that no one can access my account? If yes? Then, please suggest me as soon as possible. Any help would be completely appreciated. Thanks a lot.”
There are various Outlook users, who are looking for an appropriate solution to encrypt Outlook PST file. Mainly, MS Outlook has prominently utilized email client across the universe. It facilitates multiple advanced functionalities to their users. Basically, it stores complete mailbox data in PST file format. However, PST files keep entire data in Outlook folders including both incoming and outgoing emails. But, often times, users require to encrypt their PST files to secure their email messages. Thus, we took this issue into consideration and come up with this efficient article. So, today! we are going to resolve the most usually asked query such as how can I encrypt Outlook PST file perfectly. Let’s have a look:
Manual Method to Encrypt PST Files in Outlook
Here, in this section, we are going to disclose the manual technique to encrypt PST data files in Outlook version 2007 and 2010. A user has to follow all the below-outlined directions to implement the encryption process in a perfect manner. So, let’s begin:
Steps To Encrypt PST Files in Outlook 2007
Initially, follow the steps to encrypt PST files in Microsoft Outlook 2007 file using the Encrypting File System:
- First of all, navigate the location to the PST file in Windows Explorer.
- After that, simply right-click the PST file and choose the Properties option.
- Lastly, the advanced button on the General tab exposes a checkbox option to Encrypt elements and secure the complete data. Basically, Outlook is not responsible for encrypting or decrypting you PST data files. Mainly, it is Windows who is prudence of that.
Steps To Encrypt PST Files in Outlook Version 2010
Just follow some simple steps to perform the procedure to encrypt Outlook PST files in Microsoft Outlook version 2010:
- Primarily, start MS Outlook program.
- Then, go to the File tab.
- Now, hit on the Account Settings icon and click it again to extend it as the additional options sub-menu.
- Here, click on the Account Settings option.
- Navigate to the Data Files tab from the top of the screen.
- Additionally, click on the PST file which one you need to encrypt.
- Then, go the Settings button.
- Subsequently, choose the Change Password button.
- Afterward, input a password in the provided field and then, retype the password in the text field to Verify password.
- Finally, hit on the OK button to encrypt the PST file successfully.
In case, if you forgot your password that you add to encrypt the PST file. And now, you need to decrypt so, you can utilize this amazing tool named PST Recovery Tool to decrypt and unlock the encrypted Outlook PST file data even without providing the password.
This article highlight the proficient way to encrypt Outlook PST file with password in Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 etc. All in all, you will get rid off from the commonly asked query such as how can I encrypt Outlook PST file, with the help of this flawless blog.