How to Repair Outlook 2016 PST File Quickly Without Any Data Loss?
Microsoft Outlook 2016 is an eminent personal information manager and emailing service that comes up with Microsoft Office suite. Despite just being an email application, it includes calendars, tasks, contacts, notes, and journals also. It uses a Personal Storage Table (PST) file to store all these data items locally. And Microsoft Outlook uses OST file as offline storage file, which can sync your Outlook account data with the server. But the chance of corruption in these files is very high. Sometimes the PST file becomes unavailable or inaccessible due to various unknown reasons and it may interrupt the workflow. These circumstances make users panic and they will start searching for various queries like; how to repair Outlook 2016 PST file or OST file issues efficiently?
“I am using Microsoft Outlook 2016 and often I receive several emails along with heavy attachments. Because of this my Outlook PST exceeds its 20 GB size limit and becomes inaccessible. Now, can somebody please suggest me any appropriate method to repair my PST file as this file is very crucial for me and I need to access it anyhow. Any advise would be appreciated!”
Well, getting such issues with Microsoft Outlook 2016 PST is very common and can be resolved using some simple techniques. In this technical blog, we are going to show you some efficient ways to repair Outlook 2016 PST file. So, let’s get started!
What Makes a PST File Corrupted?
There might be several factors that can make a PST file inaccessible or unreadable in MS Outlook 2016 / 2019 account. Some of them are as follows:
- Abrupt System/ Application Shutdown: Sudden shutdown of a program or computer due to power failure, force closes the program without data being saved. This is one of the most prominent elements that result in data loss or corruption in Outlook PST.
- PST Exceeds Specified Limit: Sending and receiving several emails with heavy attachments makes a PST file oversized. And when the PST file reaches its maximum size limit, it gets corrupted.
- Issues in a Backup PST file: At times when Outlook users attempt to access an archived Outlook 2016 PST file that resides in some other location on the client system. In such cases, some times it may result in some errors, and direct access to such Outlook.PST makes it corrupted or damaged.
How to Repair a Corrupt Outlook 2016 PST File?
If you are using POP3 or IMAP settings for your Microsoft Outlook account and facing issues with PST file then, close Outlook application and opt any method mentioned below.
Method One: Repair Corrupted Outlook 2016 PST File in Quick Steps
The Total Outlook 2016 PST Repair Tool is one of the best ways to recover and repair data from both minor and major level corrupted PST files. It has the capability to recover normal as well as permanently deleted Outlook emails from PST files. The software allows repairing all data items from a corrupted PST such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals etc. It repairs damaged Outlook data from UNICODE and ANSI formatted PST files. Moreover, users can save the recovered Outlook PST files in PST, MSG, and EML file format in a couple of clicks. Follow the instructions below to repair Outlook 2016 PST file quickly:
- Launch Outlook PST Recovery tool and add corrupted PST file
- Scan PST and preview recovered emails along with attachments
- Select desired or all data items from you want to export. Click Export
- Choose PST or any other file format as the export option
- Eventually, access the recovered PST with Outlook
Method Two: Repair Corrupted Outlook 2016 PST Using ScanPST
In order to fix some common Outlook errors and issues in PST and OST files, Microsoft 2016 offers a free inbuilt utility called inbox repair tool or Scanpst.exe. Below are the guidelines to use this free Outlook 2016 Repair tool easily:
- Navigate to C drive and search for scanpst.exe and select it. Or, you can directly go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- After this, open Scanpst.exe tool and click on the Browse button
- Now, select the corrupted PST file and click Start
Note: Enable ‘Make a backup of scanned file’ option before repairing it.
- The tool will start scanning the browsed PST file
- Once PST file scanning process gets completed successfully, you can launch Outlook with repaired PST file.
But, sometimes users face issues with PST file even after repairing those inaccessible PST files using Scanpst.exe. This happens because the Inbox Repair Tool cannot fix severely corrupted Outlook 2016 PST files. In such cases, users are recommended to jump for the next solution.
Often MS Outlook users ask a question that how to repair Outlook 2016 PST file? In this article, we have disclosed some simple and actually working techniques that can repair a corrupted Outlook PST in an efficient manner. So, from now recovering data from an inaccessible PST will be no more a difficult task for Microsoft Outlook users.