Import PST Contacts to Gmail – Move Outlook Contacts to Gmail
You may need to import PST contacts to Gmail in several scenarios. It can be a daunting task at first but we shall discuss the entire process in detail. A PST file is primarily generated by MS Outlook which can save up to 2 GB of data including all data items. Outlook can also be used as a space to store the address book. The PST file is the personal storage table that stores data on the user’s computer.
If you wish to transfer PST contacts to Gmail, you must know that it is not possible. You have to first convert the data of this PST file into a format that is readable by Gmail. The best option is converting the PST file into CSV.
“Hey! My senior shared his MS Outlook contact list with me in PST format. Since I do not use Outlook, I am unable to access its data. I don’t have any other means to read its data. I want to move them to Gmail. How is it possible to migrate the PST contacts to the said destination?”
How to Import PST Contacts to Gmail?
The smartest way is to go for third-party software that can easily modify your data file. Use the SysTools vCard Export tool that is specifically designed for these purposes. It comes with some great features as mentioned below:
- Convert a large number of PST contacts to Gmail in bulk.
- Auto-detect the location of files in your system.
- Supports corrupt, damaged, password-protected PST files.
- Quickly scan and load the files in the software.
- Export details and attributes of the PST contact to Gmail.
- Supports PST files from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Option to export the source files into various formats.
Steps to Import PST contacts to Gmail
- You must download the software on your system. Then, install it and run it.
Free Download Purchase Now
2. Now, click on the Add File option to load the PST files from your system.
3. Preview the details of all the contacts in the interface.
4. Select the CSV option, apply settings, browse a location to save the file.
5. At last, hit the Export button.
6. Go to https://contacts(.)google(.)com/.
7. In the left menu, click on Import.
8. Select CSV (you can also choose vCard).
9. Click on Import to complete this process.
Manually Import PST Contacts to Gmail
- Run MS Outlook and select File.
- Select ‘Open & Export’ > ‘Import/Export’.
- Choose ‘Export to a File’ > Next.
- Tap on ‘Comma Separated Values’ > Next.
- Choose the folder to export contacts from.
- Search a location to save the result.
- Match the fields and select Finish.
Related: Export Outlook 2016 Address Book to Excel
In this article, we discussed how to import PST contacts to Gmail. You can opt for any of the methods mentioned above. The manual method requires you to manually match the fields which can be tiresome. It also does not provide all fields to map with. There are several other problems with this method that can be avoided using the software.