Steps to Open Outlook In Safe Mode Without Any Hindrance & Data Loss
In MS Outlook application switching into safe mode resolves almost half of our technical problems. When Outlook fails to load we advised users to move to safe mode. Hence, in this write-up, we will provide a step by step illustration on how can a user open Outlook in safe mode without any hassle.
When to Open MS Outlook in Safe Mode?
Microsoft Outlook application automatically disables definite features while starting in this special mode. So, you do not require to always utilize Outlook in safe mode. However, there are times when safe mode is essential. Moreover, if you detect any trouble while opening Outlook program like:
- Can not start Microsoft Outlook
- Can not open Outlook Window
- Outlook is not Responding
Then you mainly required to start Outlook in a safe mode and try to repair the issue appropriately. Basically, this happens after installing the new plug-in that does not compatible with Outlook version.
Techniques to Open Outlook in Safe Mode
This process is divided into three methods. Mainly, this procedure to start Outlook program in safe mode can be different for various versions of Windows Operating Systems. Some of the workarounds have been described below which can be used to start Outlook in safe mode properly.
Method #1: With the help of CTRL key
Generally, a user can also resolve this issue using CTRL key. Simply, hold the CTRL key and hit on MS Outlook shortcut kit. Moreover, this will surely help Outlook to detect that you need to open the application in Safe mode and will send a message asking the same. Then, select Yes to proceed forward with open Outlook in safe mode.
Method #2: Run Microsoft Outlook.exe
This procedure is explained as per the Window Operating System Versions:
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- The user who are using these versions of the Windows Operating System, Initially, visit the Start menu.
- Then, type cmd and click on Enter which will start a Command Prompt.
- Now, you have to type outlook.exe /safe or click on Enter to proceed forward
- Lastly, the Outlook application will be automatically opened in safe mode.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
In the Windows 8 version, when you begin to type the search box automatically appears. So, here you have to simply open Start Screen and type outlook.exe /safe then click on Enter.
Method #3: Via Outlook.exe Straightly
Anyhow, while you are looking for outlook.exe, and your system is unable to find it. You can go to directly to the full location by visiting C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office pursued by the Microsoft Outlook version number.
Generate Shortcut For Open Outlook In Safe Mode
You can easily generate a new shortcut manually and the outlook.exe and /safe switch can also be added. To implement this, you will have to find the location of outlook.exe which is generally found at below stated location
- First of all, navigate to Desktop and right-click on empty space obtainable.
- Subsequently, choose New and then Shortcut to generate a new shortcut for Outlook.
- Afterward, type path location where outlook.exe is located to the tab facilitates or browse the location clicking on the Browse button.
- The, type space or /safe: ” /safe“
- It will display like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE /safe
- Here, click on Next and provide a name this shortcut.
- At last, hit on Finish to end up the procedure.
When someone said that precaution is better than cure at that time, we are not taking that serious. But, in this case, open Outlook in safe mode is a precaution state that permits you to handle any Outlook error before it reaches a state where it is unable to cure your MS Outlook data items. Even though starting MS Outlook in safe mode slows down your work. It is also utilized as a diagnostic utility to fix Outlook PST file issues instantly.