Print Outlook Contacts to Excel – Export Contacts from Outlook
Summary: Find out how you can print Outlook contacts to Excel. Export contacts from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
Outlook is a famous email client that comes with advanced features and the capability to send/receive messages. It can also manage all kinds of data items well enough. You can simply launch Outlook on your system and maintain the address book. Save all fields and details of a user. You can save your phone number, email ID, contact photo, and several other details.
MS Outlook does provide an option to export its contacts list into a format that is recognized by Excel. In the further sections of this article, we are going to discuss this in detail and will provide a stepwise guide to help you with the same. By the end of this write-up, you will be able to export Outlook contacts to Excel with or without the installation of MS Outlook.
User Query: “Hi, I have a PST contact file that was sent to me by someone. At the moment, I do not have Outlook with me and I urgently need to access this file in Excel. Is there any way that can help me with this?”
How to Print Outlook Contacts to Excel?
If you have MS Outlook installed on your system and properly configured, you must follow the below-given steps:
- Open Outlook on your system and click on File.
- Now, select Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Choose “Export to a File” and click on Next.
- Tap on Comma Separated Values and choose Next.
- Browse the folder to export contacts from.
- Search for a location to save the resultant file.
- At last, map the custom fields & tap on Finish.
These steps differ according to the version you are working on but it’s more or less the same. Although this method to print Outlook contacts to Excel is fast and easy but it has its downfalls too. Here is a list of them:
- It is necessary to have Outlook installed and configured well.
- You have to manually map the fields with the resultant format.
- It allows you to export many fields but not all of them.
Related: Save Mac Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
Automatically Print Outlook Contacts to Excel
If you do not have Outlook installed with you, go for the SysTools vCard Export tool. You can add any version of Outlook PST file in it and this tool will process them all for you. Orphan, damaged files are also accepted that you can use to export to other formats. Below are some of its best features listed:
Free Download Purchase Now
- Bulk export Outlook contacts to Excel.
- Export the file to various formats.
- Supports corrupt or orphan contact files.
- Compatible with password-protected contacts.
- Maps the custom fields automatically.
- Does not require Outlook installation.
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
You must download and install the tool on your system, add a contact file to it. Then, preview the entire data from that file and select the CSV export option. Browse a location and click on Export. Now, launch Excel and open this file in it.
Note: If you want to export Outlook for Mac contacts, use Mac OLM Converter
Free Download Purchase Now
We discussed how you can export and print Outlook contacts to Excel. Even if you have got an orphan or a damaged source file, you no longer have to worry about it. The software that we listed here works magically when it comes to the conversion of contacts from Outlook to Excel.