Repair PST After Outlook Error 0x80040600: A Step-by-Step Guide
Microsoft Outlook is a platform that requires no introduction. It is a desktop-based email client used for various purposes in big as well as small enterprises. But, in spite of such immense popularity, it has some serious issues associated with it. Outlook has been designed with advanced algorithms but, there are bugs that cause fear for users. Often, Outlook users encounter different types of errors and one such issue is Outlook error 0x80040600. Hence, it becomes important to resolve the issue as soon as possible to avoid further risks. Nevertheless, before this let’s take a quick glance on some important details like what Outlook error code 0x80040600 is and common reasons behind this error code.
Repair PST After Outlook Error Code 0x80040600 Appeared
This error message occurs when users attempt to send, read, or remove an email. This error of Outlook can be displayed in different wordings, such as:
- Outlook 0x80040600 error
- Outlook error 0x80040600
- An unknown error code has occurred 0x80040600
As we all know that the PST file is a soul of Outlook because it stores the entire data like calendars, emails, contacts, tasks, notes, etc., within it. And if the PST gets damaged or corrupted then, it may result in different error codes. This error message is also the result of the same issue. The reasons behind the corruption of PST can be many like virus/ malware attacks, abrupt shutdown of Outlook application, sudden power failure etc. So, the main question is that how to repair PST after getting Outlook error code 0x80040600. It is important to bring the Outlook back in the working stage.
How to Fix An Unknown Error Code Has Occurred 0x80040600 Issue?
Explore quick steps to repair PST after Outlook error 0x80040600 appears on your Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 etc. This Outlook error message can be resolved using two different ways: Manually and Automatically. Now, you can opt any of the solutions as per your preferences.
Method 1: Use Professional Utility
The Total PST Repair Tool is the best software that comes up with no limitation or drawback. It is capable enough to recover all the Outlook data files regardless of their level of corruption. The software is designed with highly programmed algorithms. So a user can efficiently repair PST file even after getting Outlook error 0x80040600 in your account. The software can repair severe level corruption issues in a PST data file without any data loss. The application is having various advanced features like, it can recover permanently deleted emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, etc. easily. After repairing corrupted PST file and recovering data items from it, you can easily export the data into a required file format including PST, EML, MSG easily. The interface of this application is very simple, even a novice user can use it.
Method 2: Fix PST Using Inbox Repair Tool
If you need a manual solution, you can try to repair PST using Inbox Repair Tool (ScanpST.exe). You can try to resolve Outlook error 0x80040600 using this inbuilt free utility. Follow the steps:
- First of all, launch the MS Outlook application
- Then, navigate to Tools and then click on Account Settings
- Now, click on the tab of Date Files
- Finally, copy the location of PST data file
- To start the PST scanning process, close MS Outlook and open Scanpst.exe
- Paste the location of PST in “Enter the name of the file you want to scan” box
- Hit a click on the Start button
Once the process of PST file repairing gets completed Outlook error 0x80040600 issue will be resolved. Now you can use the Microsoft Outlook without any difficulty. To find the location of Scanpst.exe utility, users can use this below-mentioned information:
In MS Outlook 2016/ Outlook 2019
- Click Run- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office16
- Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
- Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
In MS Outlook 2013
- MS Outlook (64-bit): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\
- Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\
- Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\
In MS Outlook 2010
- MS Outlook (64-bit)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\
- Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\
- Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\
In Outlook 2007
- Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\
- Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\
Limitations of ScanPST.exe
- If the PST file is large in size then, PST scanning is a time-taking process
- The Scanpst.exe tool works only to fix the minor-level PST file corruption
- Technical expertise required to operate Inbox Repair Utility of Microsoft
Method 3: Create A Unicode PST
- First, generate a new Outlook PST file in Unicode format
- Now, set this newly created file as the default data file
- Eventually, import the old PST data into this PST file
- It also consumes a lot of time to create and move the PST file data
- If you are technically sound, then only this method is recommended
After considering the importance of Microsoft Outlook for any organization and different issues that come up with it, we have learned methods to fix Outlook error 0x80040600. Moreover, users can also go for the third party utility mentioned here in case of any inconvenience. This utility helps you to resolve PST file issues related with Outlook error code 0x80040600 effortlessly in a few simple steps.