Transfer Contacts from PST File to Multiple File Formats – Quick Tips
Summary: Learn how to transfer contacts from PST file to other applications and platforms using the tips mentioned in this article.
You may need to transfer contacts from PST file to other formats to access those contacts on different platforms. A PST file has limitations related to the applications that it is supported by. It is the proprietary file format of the tech giant Microsoft and can be accessed by only a few selective applications. MS Outlook saves its data in a personal storage table file called PST that is capable of saving 2 GB. Now, since a PST file cannot be read by others, its data must be converted to other types.
However, you cannot directly change the properties of a PST file and change it into other types. So, depending upon the requirement, you must convert the files respectively.
“Hello! I am an Outlook user and I want to move its data to another email client but it is not accepting PST contacts. How to transfer contacts from PST file?”
“My colleague shared a PST file containing the list of contacts of all of our clients. Now, I do not have MS Outlook installed on my system. How do I open these PST files or their contacts? It is urgent and I need to access the information immediately.”
Follow the steps given below for an easy and effective solution.
How to Transfer Contacts from PST File?
In case you do not own MS Outlook on your system, it is quite impossible to deal with a PST file without using a third-party tool. The SysTools vCard Export tool is capable of converting PST files into multiple formats such as you can convert Outlook contacts to vCard, PST, PDF, WAB, CSV, MSG, HTML, Google, & Yahoo contacts. It provides some great features as mentioned below:
- Transfer contacts from PST file in multiple numbers.
- Convert the contacts into several file formats.
- Scan the contact files before adding them to the tool.
- Option to auto-detect the location of the files.
- Maintains the attributes of the contacts during the process.
- Option to export the selective contacts to the desired type.
- Exports corrupted, orphaned, & password protected files
- Supports folder hierarchy and structure of the files.
- Compatible with the PST files of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, & others.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from PST File
- Download and install the tool on your system. Then, add PST contacts to it. You can also auto-detect the location.
Free Download Purchase Now
2. The tool scans the contacts for any corruption and then loads them in the interface.
3. After this, select the desired destined file format as per your requirement and apply settings.
4. Lastly, browse a location to save the file and click on the Export button.
Read More: Download Outlook Contacts to CSV File
Time to Wrap Up
In this article, we have talked about how to transfer contacts from PST file. Follow the steps mentioned above and you will get the desired results. This will help you migrate even the orphan or damaged PST contact file. The software provides you a risk-free environment to perform the task without affecting the integrity of your data.